Senior Living in Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bechtelsville, PA: 19505
- Bechtelsville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bechtelsville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Valley Village, Chestnut Knoll, and Walnut Woods.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 130 golf courses in or around the city, including Butter Valley Golf Port, Blue Course at Gilbertsville Golf Club, and Ambassador Course at Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hickory Valley Golf Club, Green Lane Park, and Sunrise Mill.
- There are 127 churches in or near the city, including Shepherd of the Hills Church, Morning Star Fellowship, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 62 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 70 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,696, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,505, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.71%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bechtelsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bechtelsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bechtelsville has a sparse population density of 364.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bechtelsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bechtelsville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.00%.