Senior Living in Becker, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Becker, MN: 55308
- Becker scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Becker scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (New River Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Divine House, Centracare Health - Monticello, and St. Benedict\'s Senior Community - Monticello.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Pebble Creek Golf Club (Blue/Red Course at Pebble Creek Golf Club), Carefree Country Club, and Travelers Country Club on the Mississippi.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge, Sand Dunes State Forest, and 4th Street Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Immaculate Conception Catholic, Becker Lutheran Church, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.82% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,455, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,689, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,575, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Becker receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Becker has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Becker has a sparse population density of 144.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Becker have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Becker has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.68%.