Senior Living in Becket, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Becket, MA: 01223
- Becket scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Becket scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Austen Riggs Center and Berkshire Medical Center Inc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Nursing And Rehabilitation-Laurel Lake, Kindred Assisted Living - Laurel Lake, and Kimball Farms .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Greenock Country Club, Bas-Ridge Golf Course, and Cranwell Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including October Mountain State Forest, Tyringham Cobble Park, and Wahconah Falls State Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, St George\'s Episcopal Church, and Greater Grace Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.84% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,116, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,618, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,063, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,060 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,845 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,839 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,497 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Becket receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Becket has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Becket has a very sparse population density of 33.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Becket have a long daily commute time.
- Becket has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.22%.