Senior Living in Bedford, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Bedford, KY: 40006
- Bedford scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Bedford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Carroll County Hospital and Baptist Hospital Northeast).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Signature Healthcare of Trimble County, River Reed Assisted Living Community, and Signature HealthCARE of Carrollton Rehab & Wellness Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Cardinal Hills Golf Course, General Butler State Resort Park Golf Course, and Eagle Creek.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Morgan Conservation Park, City Campground, and General Butler State Resort Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Agape Christian Ministries, De Haven Memorial Baptist Chr, and La Grange Heights Baptist Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,134, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,138, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,821, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,990 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,958 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bedford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bedford has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Bedford has a very sparse population density of 55.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bedford have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bedford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.98%.