Senior Living in Bedford, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Bedford, NH: 03110
- Bedford scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Bedford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Elliot Hospital, Catholic Medical Center, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Carlyle Place, Bedford Falls, and Briston Manor West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 235 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Manchester Country Club, Intervale Country Club, and Stonebridge Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Rock Rimmon Park, Derryfield Park, and Friendly Beaver Campgound.
- There are 157 churches in or near the city, including Faith Christian Ctr, St Elizabeth Seton Church, and Bethany Covenant Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 127 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $156,440, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $127,208, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,855, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.81%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bedford receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bedford has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bedford has an average population density of 645.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bedford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bedford has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.05%.