Senior Living in Bedford, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bedford, OH: 44146
- Bedford scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bedford scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Uhhs Bedford Medical Center, Marymount Hospital, and Northcoast Behavioral Health.
- There are 152 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Light of Hearts Villa, Walton Manor Health Care Center, and South Haven Woods .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 692 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 151 golf courses in or around the city, including Par 3 Course at Shawnee Hills Golf Course, Astorhurst Country Club, and Hawthorne Valley Country Club.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Achievement Centers for Children, Shaker Heights Thornton Park, and Brecksville Reservation.
- There are 409 churches in or near the city, including St Eugene\'s Byzantine Catholic, First Baptist Church, and St Pius X Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 372 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 204 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.45% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,421, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,188, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,872, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,946 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,980 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.25%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bedford receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bedford has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bedford has an average population density of 1,486.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bedford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bedford has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.50%.