Senior Living in Bedford, Texas
- Bedford scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bedford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Texas Health Harris Methodist Hurst-euless-bedford, Southwest Surgical Hospital, and North Hills Hospital.
- There are 173 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Heartland Health Care Center, and Brookdale Eden Estates.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 861 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Texas Star Golf Course, Iron Horse Golf Course, and WaterChase(The Academy Course at WaterChase ).
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Boys Ranch Activity Center, Bluebonnet Hills Funeral Home and Memorial Park, and Villages of Bear Creek Park.
- There are 345 churches in or near the city, including Connection Church, Emmanuel Presbyterian Church, and Brown Trail Church of Christ.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 421 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 28 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 272 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,900, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,842, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,998, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.08%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bedford receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bedford has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bedford has a dense population density of 4,795.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bedford have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bedford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.98%.