Senior Living in Beech Bottom, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Beech Bottom, WV: 26030
- Beech Bottom scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Beech Bottom scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including East Ohio Regional Hospital, Ohio Valley Medical Center, and Wheeling Hospital.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley Haven Geriatric Center, Rosewood Manor, and Anns Country Retreat.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Highland Spring Golf Course, Fairway River Links, and Paradise Hills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Brooke Hills Park, Castleman Run Wildlife Management Area, and Oglebay Resort and Conference Center.
- There are 92 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Catholic Church, Wellsburg Christian Church, and Riverview Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,116, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,321, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,916, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,500 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.51%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beech Bottom receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beech Bottom has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Beech Bottom has an average population density of 615.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beech Bottom have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Beech Bottom has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.77%.