Senior Living in Beecher, Illinois
Top zip codes in Beecher, IL: 60401
- Beecher scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Beecher scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Franciscan St Margaret Health - Dyer and St James Hospital & Hlth Ctr).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Beecher Manor Nursing and Rehab Center, St. James Manor and Villas, and St James Wellness Rehab Villas.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 126 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Cardinal Creek Golf Course(Center/North Course at Cardinal Creek Golf Course ), Balmoral Woods Country Club, and Lincoln Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Plum Creek Nature Center, Goodenow Grove Nature Preserve, and Emerald Trails Campground.
- There are 82 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 35 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,652, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,778, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,458, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.98%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beecher receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beecher has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Beecher has a sparse population density of 137.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beecher have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Beecher has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.62%.