Senior Living in Belcamp, Maryland
Top zip codes in Belcamp, MD: 21017
- Belcamp scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Belcamp scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, Harford Memorial Hospital, and Va Maryland Health Care Syst.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including No Place Like Home, Lorien Riverside, and VPCBH Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 164 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Beechtree Golf Club, Wetlands Golf Club, The, and Aberdeen Proving Ground -Ruggles.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cedar Lane Park, Harford Glen Park, and Palmer State Park.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including St Joan of Arc, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and Aberdeen Bible Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 82 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 58 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,157, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,225, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,344, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.89%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belcamp receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belcamp has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Belcamp has a dense population density of 2,569.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belcamp have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Belcamp has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.47%.