Senior Living in Belchertown, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Belchertown, MA: 01007
- Belchertown scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Belchertown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma, and Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Loomis Communities - Applewood Retirement Living, Keystone Commons, and Wingate at South Hadley .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Mill Valley Country Club, Westover Golf Club, and Ludlow Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Mount Holyoke Range State Park, Camp Ramah in New England, and J. A. Skinner State Park.
- There are 65 churches in or near the city, including Hope United Methodist Church, Congregational Church, and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 105 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,519, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,502, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,898, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belchertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belchertown has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Belchertown has a sparse population density of 278.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belchertown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Belchertown has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.83%.