Senior Living in Belding, Michigan
Top zip codes in Belding, MI: 48809
- Belding scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Belding scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Spectrum Health United Memorial - United Campus and Ionia County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Metron of Belding, Lacey\'s Too, and Spectrum Health Rehab And Nursing Centers-United .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 58 golf courses in or around the city, including Candlestone Inn Golf & Resort, Iron Horse Golf Course at Double \'R\' Ranch Resort, and Ridgeview Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Bertha Brock Park, Camp Concordia, and Three Seasons Campground Inc..
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Lowell, Lowell First United Meth Chr, and Calvary Christian Reformed Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.93% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.28% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,255, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,920, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,989, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.74%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belding receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belding has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Belding has a sparse population density of 134.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belding have a long daily commute time.
- Belding has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.63%.