Senior Living in Belfair, Washington
Top zip codes in Belfair, WA: 98528
- Belfair scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Belfair scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Naval Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grandma\'s Garden Adult Family Home, Haven In Allyn, and Gentle Family Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Land Village Golf Course(Generation I & II Course at Lake Land Village Golf Course ), Gold Mountain Golf Course(The Cascade Course at Gold Mountain Golf Course ), and Kitsap Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Belfair State Park, Twanoh State Park, and Stretch Point State Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Belfair Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and West Side Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,876, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,182, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,301, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.87%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belfair receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belfair has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Belfair has a sparse population density of 136.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belfair have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Belfair has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.89%.