Senior Living in Belfast, New York
Top zip codes in Belfast, NY: 14711
- Belfast scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Belfast scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cuba Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Absolut Care Houghton and Cuba Memorial Hospital )
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Six-S Golf Course, Allegheny Hills Golf Course, and Ischua Valley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Six-S Golf Course, Caneadea Historic Bridge, and Moss Lake.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Houghton Wesleyan Church, First Baptist Church of Hume, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,183, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,632, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,492, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belfast receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Belfast has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Belfast has a very sparse population density of 44.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belfast have an average daily commute time.
- Belfast has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.45%.