Senior Living in Bellaire, Texas
Top zip codes in Bellaire, TX: 77401
- Bellaire scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bellaire scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 44 hospitals within close range of the city, including First Street Hospital Lp, Foundation Surgical Hospital, and Bellaire Medical Center.
- There are 191 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Gardens of Bellaire, Aging Options, and First Class Home Care Services, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1931 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Houston Country Club, Hermann Park Golf Course, and Westwood Country Club.
- There are 37 parks near the city center, including Nature Discovery Center, Houston Express Soccer Club -McGovern Park, and Bayland Park.
- There are 476 churches in or near the city, including Bellaire Central Baptist, Bellaire\'s First Baptist Chr, and Westside Christian Church.
- There are 31 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 928 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 35 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 325 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $205,904, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $136,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $78,238, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.76%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellaire receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellaire has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bellaire has a dense population density of 4,663.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellaire have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bellaire has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.54%.