Senior Living in Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Belle Vernon, PA: 15012
- Belle Vernon scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Belle Vernon scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Monongahela Valley Hospital, Monongahela Valley Hospital, and Brownsville General Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Victoria House II, Victoria House III, and Eastgate Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 121 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Gold Course at Cedarbrook Golf Course, Willowbrook Golf Course, and Twin Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Round Hill Park, Hazelbaker Recreational Services, and Madison / Pittsburgh S.E. KOA.
- There are 104 churches in or near the city, including St Sebastian\'s Church, Lynnwood Lutheran Church, and Fells United Methodist Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 40 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,787, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,901, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,404, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.60%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belle Vernon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belle Vernon has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Belle Vernon has a sparse population density of 474.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belle Vernon have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Belle Vernon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.21%.