Senior Living in Bellefontaine, Ohio
Top zip codes in Bellefontaine, OH: 43311
- Bellefontaine scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Bellefontaine scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mary Rutan Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heartland of Bellefontaine, Campbell Place, and Logan Acres Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Cherokee Hills Golf Course, Liberty Hills Golf Club, and Tree Links Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Ohio State Eagles Recreation Park, Zane Shawnee Caverns and Southwind Park, and Welcome Woods Family Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Dial-A-Prayer, Campbell D, and Roby James R.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,004, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,473, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,584, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellefontaine receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellefontaine has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bellefontaine has a sparse population density of 189.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellefontaine have a very short daily commute time.
- Bellefontaine has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.69%.