Senior Living in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bellefonte, PA: 16823
- Bellefonte scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bellefonte scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Healthsouth Nittany Hospital and Meadows Psychiatric Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Centre Crest, The Village at Penn State, and The Village at Penn State,.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Nittany Country Club, Blue Course at Penn State Golf Courses, and The Eighteen Hole Course at Centre Hills Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Bellefonte Area Chamber of Commerce: Train Station, Fort Bellefonte Campground, and Bald Eagle State Forest.
- There are 67 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and St John Evangelist Catholic.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,752, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,254, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,354, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,961 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,075 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,430 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.09%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellefonte receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellefonte has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bellefonte has a sparse population density of 207.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellefonte have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bellefonte has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.84%.