Senior Living in Belleville, Illinois
- Belleville scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Belleville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Elizabeth Hospital, Memorial Hospital, and Scott Medical Center.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Helia Healthcare Four Fountains, The Atrium of Belleville, and Hincke-Sense Home For Retired Priest.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 204 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 77 golf courses in or around the city, including Westhaven Golf Course, Orchards Golf Course, and Clinton Hill Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Melvin Price Memorial Park, Belleville Parks and Recreation, and O\'Fallon Community Park.
- There are 107 churches in or near the city, including Faith Baptist Church, St Luke\'s Parish, and St Peter\'s Catholic Cathedral.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 52 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,965, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,753, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,510, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belleville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Belleville has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Belleville has an average population density of 1,085.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belleville have a short daily commute time.
- Belleville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.59%.