Senior Living in Belleville, Michigan
Top zip codes in Belleville, MI: 48111
- Belleville scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Belleville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Joseph Mercy Hlth Syst, Forest Health Medical Center, and Oakwood Annapolis Hospital.
- There are 139 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Woods , Parkwood Manor, and Sylvania Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 375 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 143 golf courses in or around the city, including Harbour Club Golf Course, East/South Course at Fellows Creek Golf Course, and North Course at Pheasant Run Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Lower Huron Metropolitan Park, Detroit Greenfield RV Park, and Prospect Park.
- There are 145 churches in or near the city, including St Anthonys Catholic Church, Trinity Episcopal Church, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 141 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.54% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,836, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,351, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,494, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.47%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belleville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belleville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Belleville has an average population density of 627.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belleville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Belleville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.44%.