Senior Living in Belleville, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Belleville, NJ: 07109
- Belleville scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Belleville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 72 hospitals within close range of the city, including Clara Maass Medical Center, Mountainside Hospital, and Columbus Hospital.
- There are 303 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clara Maass Continuing Care Center, Clara Maass Medical Center Transitional Care Unit , and The Parkview.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3924 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 201 golf courses in or around the city, including Hendricks Field Golf Course, Forest Hill Field Club, and Glen Ridge Country Club.
- There are 43 parks near the city center, including Eagle Rock Reservation, Laurel Hill Park, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 1289 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Second Baptist Church, and Silver Lake Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2435 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 236 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1076 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $75,510, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,328, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,278, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belleville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belleville has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Belleville has a very dense population density of 10,728.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belleville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Belleville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.10%.