Senior Living in Belleville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Belleville, PA: 17004
- Belleville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Belleville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (J C Blair Memorial Hospital and Lewistown Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley View Retirement Community, Malta Home Retirement Community, and Elmcroft of Reedsville.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Standing Stone Golf Club, Lewistown Country Club, and State College Elks Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Greenwood Furnace State Park, Whipple Dam State Park, and Penn-Roosevelt State Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Strohm Samuel G, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Allensville Mennonite Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.55% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,473, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,194, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,534, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belleville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Belleville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Belleville has a sparse population density of 102.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belleville have a short daily commute time.
- Belleville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 63.72%.