Senior Living in Bellevue, Nebraska
- Bellevue scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Bellevue scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ehrling Bergquist Hospital, Bellevue Medical Center, and Alegent Health Midlands Hospital.
- There are 93 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Ridge Operating LLC, Hillcrest Health Services, and Richmont Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 397 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Fontenelle Hills Country Club, Willow Lakes Golf Course, and Tregaron Golf Course.
- There are 42 parks near the city center, including Freeman Park, Bellevue City Cemetery Office, and Bellevue City Recreation Department.
- There are 282 churches in or near the city, including Base Chapel, Mount Carmel Baptist Church, and Bellevue First Baptist Church.
- There are 40 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 171 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 13 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 102 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,954, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,513, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,986, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.68%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellevue receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellevue has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bellevue has an average population density of 1,497.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellevue have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bellevue has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.85%.