Senior Living in Bellflower, California
Top zip codes in Bellflower, CA: 90706
- Bellflower scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- Bellflower scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 43 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kaiser Foundation Hospital, Alta Bellwood Hospital, and Bellflower Medical Center.
- There are 672 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Simla Villas, Woodruff Care Home, and Bel Tooren Villa Convalescent.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1980 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 129 golf courses in or around the city, including Bellflower Golf & Tennis, Compton Par 3 Golf Course, and Heartwell Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including All Souls Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum, Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, and Los Alamitos Traffic Circle.
- There are 621 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Grace Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Seventh-Day Adventist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1348 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 53 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 460 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,018, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,244, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,591, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.43%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellflower receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellflower has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bellflower has a very dense population density of 12,543.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellflower have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bellflower has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.48%.