Senior Living in Bellingham, Washington
- Bellingham scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Bellingham scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Peacehealth St Joseph Medical Center).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vining Villa, St. Francis of Bellingham, and Savannah Rose Adult Family Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Bellingham Golf & Country Club, Sudden Valley Golf & Country Club, and Lake Padden Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Whatcom Falls Park, Cornwall Park, and Sehome Hill Arboretum.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, First Baptist Church, and Baha\'i Faith.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 65 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,719, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,400, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,226, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,500 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,443 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.64%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellingham receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellingham has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bellingham has a dense population density of 1,558.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellingham have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Bellingham has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.41%.