Senior Living in Bellmawr, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Bellmawr, NJ: 08031
- Bellmawr scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Bellmawr scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Underwood Memorial Hospital, Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, and Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center.
- There are 190 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Deptford Center, Brightview Woodbury Lake Assisted Living, and Inspira Acute Care for Elders Unit - Woodbury.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1603 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 156 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodbury Country Club, Westwood Golf Club, and Tavistock Country Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Saddler\'s Woods, Timber Creek Park, and Harleigh Cemetery.
- There are 630 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Chapel of South Jersey, Annunciation Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1025 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 446 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,702, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,390, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,184, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellmawr receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellmawr has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bellmawr has a dense population density of 3,804.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellmawr have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bellmawr has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.80%.