Senior Living in Bellmore, New York
Top zip codes in Bellmore, NY: 11710
- Bellmore scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Bellmore scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 17 hospitals within close range of the city, including Nassau University Medical Center, Island Medical Center, and St Joseph Hospital.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Belair Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Agnes Village For Senior Citizens, and A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1181 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Merrick Road Park Golf Course, Jones Beach State Park Golf Course, and Blue Course at Eisenhower Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve, Eisenhower Park, and Bethpage State Park.
- There are 388 churches in or near the city, including St Barnabas Church, Grace Lutheran Church, and Temple Beth-El of Bellmore.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 669 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 32 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 403 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,183, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $104,192, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,804, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellmore receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellmore has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bellmore has a dense population density of 7,061.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellmore have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bellmore has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.37%.