Senior Living in Bells, Texas
Top zip codes in Bells, TX: 75414
- Bells scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bells scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Community Med Center Sherman and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital-wnj).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mullican Care Center, The Dwelling Place, and Denison Nursing and Rehabilitation, L.P..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Grayson County College Golf Course, Denison Country Club, and Woodlawn Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including North Forty Cycle Park, T-Bar Fields, and Creative Environments.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, First Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,643, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,917, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,309, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,855 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $56,210 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.59%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bells receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bells has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bells has a very sparse population density of 64.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bells have an average daily commute time.
- Bells has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.15%.