Senior Living in Bellville, Texas
Top zip codes in Bellville, TX: 77418
- Bellville scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Bellville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Bellville General Hospital and Bellville General Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Briarwood Manor Care Center, Colonial Belle Nursing Home Bellville, and Rose Hill Retirement Home - Bellville.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Bellville Golf & Recreation Club, Fox Creek Golf Club, and Legendary Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Chesley Park, Bellville City Park, and Lazy A Ranch.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,716, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,095, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,804, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,500 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,038 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,050 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.18%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellville has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bellville has a very sparse population density of 50.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Bellville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.47%.