Senior Living in Bellwood, Illinois
Top zip codes in Bellwood, IL: 60104
- Bellwood scores significantly lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Bellwood scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 49 hospitals within close range of the city, including Westlake Community Hospital, Loyola Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, and Loyola University Medical Center.
- There are 359 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Aria Post Acute Care, Oakridge Healthcare Center, and Addus Healthcare Skilled Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2286 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 244 golf courses in or around the city, including Fresh Meadow Golf Course, River Forest Country Club, and Oak Park Country Club.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Wilder Park, La Grange Park, and Oak Park Conservatory.
- There are 764 churches in or near the city, including Syro Malabar Catholic Mission, Tighe, Kress & Orr, PC, and St Simeon\'s Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 941 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 61 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 447 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,042, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,123, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,839, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.81%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellwood has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Bellwood has a very dense population density of 8,087.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellwood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bellwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.22%.