Senior Living in Bellwood, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Bellwood, NE: 68624
- Bellwood scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Bellwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus Community Hospital, and Butler County Health Care Center.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Morys Haven, Golden Living Center - Columbus, and St Joseph\'s Villa.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Elks Country Club, Quail Run Golf Course, and Vanberg Park & Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Tailrace Park, Quail Run Maintenance, and Columbus Park Maintenance Department.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Bellwood United Methodist Chr, Immanuel Lutheran Daycare, and Word of Life Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,134, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,736, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,259, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.15%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellwood receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellwood has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bellwood has a very sparse population density of 15.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellwood have a short daily commute time.
- Bellwood has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.56%.