Senior Living in Bellwood, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bellwood, PA: 16617
- Bellwood scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bellwood scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Tyrone Hospital, Altoona Regional Health System, and Altoona Center.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Colonial Courtyard In-Home Senior Care, Colonial Courtyard, and Epworth Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Sinking Valley Country Club, Greenwood Golf Course, and Park Hills Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Canoe Creek State Park, Lakemont Park, and Horse Shoe Curve Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including Clappertown C & MA, Trinity United Methodist Chr, and Calvary United Methodist Chr.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,751, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,222, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,095, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,720 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $112,420 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,671 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bellwood receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Bellwood has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bellwood has a dense population density of 1,727.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bellwood have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bellwood has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.61%.