Senior Living in Belmar, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Belmar, NJ: 07719
- Belmar scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Belmar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Jersey Shore University Medical Center, Ocean Medical Center, and Monmouth Medical Center.
- There are 88 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lee Retirement, Meridian Subacute Rehabilitation, and Care One at Wall.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 460 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Executive Course at Bel-Aire Golf Club, Spring Lake Golf Club, and Shark River Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Shark River Park, Allaire State Park, and Joe Palaia Park Addition.
- There are 173 churches in or near the city, including Assemblies of God Full Gospel, St Rose Roman Catholic Church, and St Michael\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 199 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 164 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.89% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,714, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,235, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,107, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.10%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belmar receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belmar has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Belmar has a dense population density of 1,652.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belmar have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Belmar has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.78%.