Senior Living in Belmont, Michigan
Top zip codes in Belmont, MI: 49306
- Belmont scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Belmont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Forest View Hospital, Metropolitan Hospital, and Spectrum Health - Blodgett.
- There are 75 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Andrew House Healthcare, Dunlop Court, and Bishop Hills Elder Care Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 252 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Grand Island Golf Ranch, Blythefield Country Club, and Boulder Creek Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Cannonsburg State Game Area, Pando Winter Sports Park, and Grower\'s Edge Hydroponics & Garden Supply.
- There are 180 churches in or near the city, including West Cannon Baptist Church, Church of the Assumption, and Oakfield Baptist Church & Acad.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 110 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,142, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,528, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,088, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,450 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,105 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belmont receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belmont has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Belmont has a sparse population density of 466.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belmont have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Belmont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.87%.