Senior Living in Belmont, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Belmont, NC: 28012
- Belmont scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Belmont scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Gaston Memorial Hospital, Carolinas Medical Center/behav Health, and Charlotte Institute Of Rehab.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Community Living Concepts of North Carolina, Inc, Meadowwood Nursing Center, and Brookdale New Hope.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 441 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakewood Golf Course, Cramer Mountain Country Club, and Pawtucket Golf Club.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden, U.S. National Whitewater Center, and George Poston Park.
- There are 243 churches in or near the city, including Alexander Memorial Baptist Chr, Catawba Heights Baptist Day Ca, and Centerview Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 199 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,944, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,747, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,895, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $86,870 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,170 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,321 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belmont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belmont has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Belmont has an average population density of 732.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belmont have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Belmont has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.48%.