Senior Living in Belmont, New York
Top zip codes in Belmont, NY: 14813
- Belmont scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Belmont scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Jones Memorial Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Wellsville Manor Care Center and Highland Park Rehabilitation and Nursing Center)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Six-S Golf Course, Wellsville Country Club, and Evergreen Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Six-S Golf Course, Evergreen Trails Campgrounds, and Breezy Point Campground.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Holy Family Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,461, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,735, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,777, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.38%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belmont receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belmont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Belmont has a very sparse population density of 41.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belmont have a long daily commute time.
- Belmont has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.19%.