Senior Living in Belmont, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Belmont, WI: 53510
- Belmont scores significantly higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Belmont scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Southwest Health Center Inc, Southwest Health Center, and Memorial Hsptl Lafayette Cty.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our House Assisted Living - Platteville, ManorCare Health Services-Platteville, and Gray\'s Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Platteville Golf & Country Club, Ludden Lake Golf Club, and Dodge Point Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Belmont Prairie State Natural Area, Belmont Mound State Park, and Lake Joy Campground.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Lutheran Church of Peace, Jehovah\'s Witnesses Kingdom Hl, and Apostles Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 14 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,211, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,563, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,601, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.02%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belmont receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Belmont has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Belmont has a very sparse population density of 35.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belmont have a very short daily commute time.
- Belmont has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.71%.