Senior Living in Beloit, Ohio
Top zip codes in Beloit, OH: 44609
- Beloit scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Beloit scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Salem Community Hospital, Alliance Community Hospital, and Alliance Community Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crandall Medical Center, Auburn Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Grace Woods Senior Living of Salem.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Westville Lake Country Club, Hyde-A-Way Golf Club, The, and Buck Run Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Lakeside Golf Course).
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Community Bible Church, Fellowship Baptist Church, and Bunker Hill United Meth Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.79% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,525, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,048, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,958, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.77%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beloit receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beloit has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Beloit has a sparse population density of 132.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beloit have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Beloit has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.19%.