Senior Living in Beltsville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Beltsville, MD: 20705
- Beltsville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Beltsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 23 hospitals within close range of the city, including Laurel Regional Medical Center, Adventist Rehab Hospital, and Saint Luke Institute.
- There are 288 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Serendipity In Beltsville, Monique\'s Home Assisted Living, and Golden Touch Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1171 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 114 golf courses in or around the city, including University Of Maryland Golf Course, Paint Branch Golf Course, and Cross Creek Golf Club.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Dinosaur Park, Baltimore Washington Parkway, and Greenbelt Park.
- There are 1271 churches in or near the city, including Queens Chapel United Methodist, Abiding Presence Lutheran Chr, and Lutheran Church of the Abiding.
- There are 25 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 716 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 41 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 310 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $91,302, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,971, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,272, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.40%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Beltsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Beltsville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Beltsville has a dense population density of 1,654.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Beltsville have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Beltsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.62%.