Senior Living in Belva, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Belva, WV: 26656
- Belva scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Belva scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ansted Center, Montgomery General Hospital, and Montgomery General Elderly Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawks Nest State Park Golf Course, Sandy Brae Golf Course, and Nicholas Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including New River Campground Inc., Gauley River National Recreation Area, and Hawks Nest Golf Course.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Bible Baptist Church, Davenport Freddie A, and White Charles W.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,557, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,046, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,995, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Belva receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Belva has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Belva has a very sparse population density of 44.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Belva have a very short daily commute time.
- Belva has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.