Senior Living in Bemidji, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Bemidji, MN: 56601
- Bemidji scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Bemidji scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Country Regional Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Clubb House, Touch of Home, and Autumn Hills Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Bemidji Town & Country Club, Castle Highlands Golf Course, and Greenwood Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Cameron Park, Diamond Point Park, and Neilson Reise Arena.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Aardahl Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.56% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,580, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,182, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,238, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bemidji receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bemidji has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Bemidji has a very sparse population density of 88.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bemidji have a very short daily commute time.
- Bemidji has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.99%.