Senior Living in Bend, Oregon
- Bend scores higher than the Oregon average of 67.
- Bend scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Charles Medical Center - Bend).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cottage Care Adult Family Home, Mt. Bachelor Memory Care, and Cascade View Nursing Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 110 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Broken Top Club, Bend Golf & Country Club, and Broken Top Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Scandia RV Park, McKay Park, and Bends Indoor Garden Station.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including All Peoples United Church of Christ, Baha\'i Faith of Bend, and Alliance Community Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.59% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,874, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,815, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,454, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,260 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,550 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,604 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.08%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bend receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Bend has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bend has a sparse population density of 227.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bend have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Bend has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.57%.