Senior Living in Bendersville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bendersville, PA: 17306
- Bendersville scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bendersville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including SpiriTrust Lutheran - The Village at Gettysburg , Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg, and Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Ridge Golf Course, Links at Gettysburg, and Gettysburg Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Mountain Creek Camp Ground, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission, and Michaux State Forest.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Luz Alegria Y Esperanza Bic, and Mt Holly Springs United Meth.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,843, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,750, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,268, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bendersville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bendersville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Bendersville has an average population density of 924.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bendersville have a long daily commute time.
- Bendersville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.79%.