Senior Living in Benedict, Maryland
Top zip codes in Benedict, MD: 20612
- Benedict scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Benedict scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Calvert Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Calvert County Nursing Center, Calvert Memorial Hospital Transitional Care Unit, and Charlotte Hall Veterans Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Potomac Ridge Golf Links, Robin Dale Country Club, and Wicomico Shores Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Battle Creek Cypress Swamp Sanctuary, Kings Landing Park, and Breezy Point Beach & Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Healing & Deliverance Church, St Paul\'s Epsicopal Church, and Mount Zion Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,394, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,023, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,094, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benedict receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Benedict has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Benedict has an average population density of 1,120.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benedict have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Benedict has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 60.45%.