Senior Living in Benicia, California
Top zip codes in Benicia, CA: 94510
- Benicia scores significantly higher than the California average of 71.
- Benicia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including California Specialty Hospital, Kaiser Foundation Hospital And Rehab Center, and Sutter Solano Medical Center.
- There are 219 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Benicia Angels Home, Benicia Angel\'s Home, Inc., and Glajan Care, Inc..
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 222 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Hiddenbrooke Golf Club, West Course at Blue Rock Springs Golf Course, and Joe Mortara Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Benicia State Recreation Area, Benicia Capitol State Historic Park, and Port Chicago Naval Magazine National Memorial.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including St Dominic\'s Church, St Paul\'s Episcopal Church, and Benicia Lutheran Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 175 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 104 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.19% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $106,757, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $90,539, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,134, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,675 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.11%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Benicia receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Benicia has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Benicia has an average population density of 969.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Benicia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Benicia has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.05%.