Senior Living in Bennington, Kansas
Top zip codes in Bennington, KS: 67422
- Bennington scores higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Bennington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Ottawa County Health Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Minneapolis, Ottawa County Health Center LTCU, and Residence 600.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Salina Municipal Golf Course, Salina Country Club, and Elks Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Green House Gregg, Wildlife & Parks Department, and Wildlife & Parks Department.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including United Church of Bennington, Ada United Methodist Church, and Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.47% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,706, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,063, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,424, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bennington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bennington has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Bennington has a very sparse population density of 20.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bennington have an average daily commute time.
- Bennington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.11%.