Senior Living in Bennington, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Bennington, NE: 68007
- Bennington scores significantly higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Bennington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alegent Health Immanuel Medical Center, Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital, and Nebraska Orthopaedic Hospital.
- There are 74 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ridgewood Senior Living Community, Ridgewood, and Maple Ridge Retirement Community.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 283 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including The Players Club, Skyline Woods Country Club, and Indian Creek Golf Course -Red Feather/Blackbird.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Allwine Prairie Preserve, Standing Bear Lake Park, and Tranquility Park.
- There are 143 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Bentley Kenneth M, and Bennington Baptist Church.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 79 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 76 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $114,723, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $92,955, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,489, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.51%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bennington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Bennington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Bennington has a sparse population density of 211.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bennington have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bennington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.05%.