Senior Living in Bennington, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Bennington, NH: 03442
- Bennington scores significantly lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Bennington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Crotched Mountain Rehab Center and Monadnock Community Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Robin Hill Farm - Meredith House, Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, and Hillsboro House Nursing Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Crotched Mountain Golf Resort, Angus Lea Golf & Tennis Club, and Monadnock Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wapack National Wildlife Refuge, Friendly Beaver Campgound, and Miller State Park.
- There are 42 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick, Bennington Congregational Chr, and Antrim Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,596, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,197, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,202, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.30%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bennington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bennington has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Bennington has a sparse population density of 134.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bennington have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Bennington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.49%.