Senior Living in Bennington, Vermont
Top zip codes in Bennington, VT: 05201
- Bennington scores significantly lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Bennington scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Southwestern Vermont Medical Center and North Adams Regional Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crescent Manor Rehabilitation, Vermont Veterans\' Home, and Washington Elms.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Mt Anthony Country Club, Stamford Valley Golf Course, and Haystack Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Woodford State Park, Natural Bridge State Park, and Western Gateway Heritage State Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Sacred Heart St Francis Church, Church of Christ, and Second Cong Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,722, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,157, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,344, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bennington receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bennington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Bennington has a sparse population density of 159.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bennington have a very short daily commute time.
- Bennington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.87%.