Senior Living in Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Bensalem, PA: 19020
- Bensalem scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Bensalem scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 21 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bucks County Specialty Hospital, Livengrin Foundation, and Lower Bucks Hospital.
- There are 188 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Delaware Valley Veteran\'s Home, Wood River Village, and Oaks of Bensalem.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1155 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 152 golf courses in or around the city, including Bensalem Country Club, Somerton Springs Golf Course, and Philadelphia Quartet Golf Club.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Benjamin Rush State Park, Neshaminy State Park, and Pennsylvania War Dog Memorial.
- There are 452 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Fatima Church, St Elizabeth Ann Seton Rectory, and Bensalem Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 483 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 325 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,461, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,883, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,057, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.32%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Bensalem receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Bensalem has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Bensalem has a dense population density of 3,220.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Bensalem have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Bensalem has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.27%.